(They deleted it before I reblogged it. Sadly for them I always open reblogs on a new tab.)
I’m sorry but if you’re born human, you’re human. You’re not an animal. You’re confused and need a competent therapist. Don’t try to act like one or living like one. It’s not healthy.
I’m pretty open minded. I’m gender neutral, pansexual, practically a furry, and I’ve got my own slew of problems but if you’re older than 13 and you actually think you’re a wolf or some shit you need a doctor
Why have you decided ‘it’s not healthy’? How is it ‘not healthy’?
Shit, you’ve got things backwards. Perhaps yes, perhaps some nonhumans do need to see a doctor, because they are experiencing pain and need to fix that, and perhaps seeing a doctor is one way of working out a way to fix that pain.
But you’re not talking about that at all. You’re not talking about emotional stress. You’re not talking about pain at all; physical or emotional. You’re not talking about diets that are physically harmful, or behaviour that is physically harmful or dangerous.*
You are talking about the way a person chooses to express themselves and chooses to live their life because it feels right to them to do that.
If a person experiences pain through not expressing themselves, how the hell is it ‘not healthy’ for them to do things that ease that pain?
I have a therapist. I’ve got a whole alphabet of diagnoses. I’m going to go through a ridiculous amount of different therapies; at last count I’ve been recommended for CBT, DBT, NLP.**
Not at any point have I ever been told that doing things that make me feel comfortable and at home in myself are ‘not healthy’.
Why do the rules suddenly change when what makes someone comfortable is wearing ears, a tail, eating certain things? Accepting that they feel they are not human?***
I think you need to shut up about shit you clearly know nothing about, and stop being so judgemental. Harbouring hate for random individuals based entirely in refusal to understand and prejudice?That’s not healthy. That shit can give you ulcers.
* Conversations about actual harmful behaviour are worth having of course; coming up with ways to ease hunting needs, working out diets that fit with your digestive system- but these conversations are things that can only be had about specific things, specific instances. Blanket statements are inaccurate, ridiculous, and harmful.
** Cognitive behavioural therapy, dialectical behaviour therapy, neurolinguistic programming.
*** Even if this is a delusion- delusions themselves aren’t the problem. When I disassociate and get the delusion that everything is unreal, that’s not the problem. That’s just my brain altering my perception of what is real; it doesn’t actually doanything. The harmful thing about disassociation is that it often, in me, leads to me being suicidal. It’s the suicidalness that’s the problem. That’s why for me disassociation is harmful; it’s nothing to do with the mechanics of delusion itself. Being deluded isn’t inherently harmful.
- humanitysupportsitsnonhumans reblogged this from whatfreshhellisthis
- orphanervamp likes this
- asystoles likes this
- transmutes likes this
- andoneofthemwasblack reblogged this from whatfreshhellisthis and added:
- sassyszasz reblogged this from colonel-hans-landa-of-the-ss and added:
- sunset-in-my-veins likes this
- fourth-dimensional-fox likes this
- arthronpodos likes this
- skepticamongthefaithful likes this
- mizmagpie likes this
- carvedpumpkin likes this
- ratsandwolves reblogged this from whatfreshhellisthis and added:
- swanblood reblogged this from whatfreshhellisthis and added:
- nonhumanquotes likes this
- lavenderlabia said:Would you not agree, though, that there are many instances where being deluded in and of itself can be harmful? I’m referring mainly to instances when false belief causes you to do something dangerous.
- lupercos likes this
- bubbybobble likes this
- void-symphony likes this
- campdracula5eva reblogged this from whatfreshhellisthis and added:
- gqbrielle reblogged this from whatfreshhellisthis
- chupaflora likes this
- whatfreshhellisthis posted this