things wrong with the sex positivity movement:
- white women telling women of color to reclaim the word slut. we’re already either hypersexualized or desexualized and tbh we dont even have the luxury of being able to ~*~reclaim~*~ slurs like that
- sex posi feminists dont care about survivors of rape or sexual assault and they definitely dont care enough to examine how complicated sex can be for a person
- if you personally choose not to have sex, you’re automatically “slut shaming”
- assuming that all religions are extremely harmful and therefore evil (mostly white feminists giving bullshit criticisms about islam)
- KINK SHAMING- seriously stop trying to defend pedophiles and racists with master/slave fantasies
- the notion that sex is necessary for a relationship to be meaningful or valid
- ignoring very real problems within the porn industry
- highlighting the narrative of an empowered woman choosing to do sex work rather than paying any attention to victims of sex trafficking and their stories
- downplaying the part about how sex actually does emotionally impact you
- ignoring all consequences related to mental health that could arise if someone chooses to sleep around as prescribed by the ideal sex posi lifestyle
- rushing people into sexual relationships and experimentation before theyre ready
The fetishisation of sex work in the sex posi movement is so disingenuous.
Middle-class white cis people doing sex work is operates so differently than poc, poor people, trans people, etc doing it.
Choosing to do something out of financial desperation is not a free choice. Choosing to do something because nobody else will hire you is not a free choice.
Stop hyper-simplifying incredibly complex social factors and social realities down to “if I choose to do [x] that means it’s empowering!” gdi
You operate within a system of exploitation, coercion and social control and your choices are made within that system.
Destroy the system.